The earthiness of mushrooms is something I love. I'm biased because I don't have anything against the fungi. I like them big and small, stuffed and grilled, sautéed or raw. But if you have family members who aren't as fond of mushrooms, I think starting with a simple sautéed baby bellas is a good move.
They cook quickly, and they can be cooking on the stove while you work on other parts of dinner.
- 8 oz. package of sliced baby bellas
- 1 turn of the pan of olive oil (probably a tablespoon)
- 1/2 tsp or 1 tsp of Herbs de Provence
- Some chopped garlic if you have it (one clove should suffice)
- Red wine or beef broth (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a skillet.
2. Add the mushrooms.
3. Add the spices and wine or beef broth. So, I think these are tasty as is because of the herbs. But a few tablespoons or beef broth or red wine adds some depth. (That is, if you can part with your red wine for non-drinking purposes ... I personally struggle with this.)