Thanksgiving is about gathering with friends and family. It’s about expressing gratitude. And, of course, it’s about the food. Now, It's a high-stakes meal, yes, but that doesn't mean kids should be booted from the kitchen.
Here are 15 easy ways to get them involved:
- Chopping onions and garlic (with a chopper for younger kids)
- Combining stuffing in bowl
- Watching timers
- Measuring ingredients
- Mixing salad dressing
- Washing vegetables
- Tearing lettuce for salad — Great for any age!
- Basting the turkey — What a great way to keep kiddos engaged all day! And because they have a task at regular intervals, they can say they played a major role in the main event!
- Seasoning vegetables
- Rolling out pie dough
- Crimping pie crust
- Mashing potatoes — Fun for all ages!
- Stirring the gravy — Which is great since you need to stir constantly. This way, you can focus on other last-minute items.
- Making fresh whipped cream — Sure, they could use a mixer, but you can also let them burn up some energy by having them do it by hand. #meanmom
- Setting the table
Enjoy the process of preparing this year's meal, and share that joy with your little ones.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!