We don't do fried chicken largely for health reasons. But most fried things have egg in them, and a lot use dairy too. But sometimes you just want a little crunch on your chicken, right? I've been experimenting with a crispy chicken, and it seems to be going over well.
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 8 Tbsp. olive oil + some for coating chicken (more if you need it to make it stick)
- 1 1/2 C of Panko crumbs
- (If particularly coarse, consider grinding into a finer mixture, to help it stick to the chicken.)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. paprika
*As always, you should experiment with the quantities and even add different flavors (chili powder, for example, if you like spicy).
What to do:
- Rinse off drumsticks. Then, lightly coat in olive oil.
- Combine Panko crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Then, start adding olive oil until moist.
- Fire up the grill and cook these babies. I start the grill hot and put the chicken on, then try to keep the temp around 350 degrees. I typically do about 10 minutes a side. But everybody's grill is different. You could also try baking for 20-30 minutes and see what you think.